Caring for an aging or ailing loved one can be a challenging and emotional experience. Sometimes, it becomes necessary to consider long-term care options, such as nursing homes, to provide the best possible care and quality of life for your family member. But how do you determine if your loved one truly needs long-term care in a nursing home? Here are some essential factors to consider:
The facility you choose will, of course, depend on the health and degree of dependence of your elderly relative. However, other fundamental criteria will also be taken into account such as proximity to the family, the available budget, the activities and services on offer, the quality of service delivered by the care team and the preferences of the person concerned. Are you looking for a friendly, safe environment? Is your loved one dependent or do they suffer from a specific medical condition? What are the care/nursing home admission criteria in England?
Choosing the most appropriate residential home, nursing home or extra care home for your elderly relative in England is based on several criteria. It obviously depends on the individual’s state of health, their level of independence, personal needs and the location of the said facility, not forgetting budgetary considerations. Senior Home Plus elderly care advisors will guide families and give personalised advice taking all of these crucial factors into account.
As of 2021, there are over 17,000 care homes across England, housing around 400,000 people. Residential care homes make up approximately 70 percent of these care homes whilst the remaining 30 percent function as nursing homes. Many people are unfamiliar with the distinction between care homes that operate as a residential setting and those that provide nursing care . It’s important to understand this distinction in order to determine the ideal place for your loved one, when the time comes.
Find suitable accomodation for senior citizens